Revising for exams is a busy time for students, we have put together a list of useful links and resources below that will help aid your learning and support you with exam preparation.
- We have also created a useful Revision Guide that contains all the key information including past papers, useful revision tips and advice.
- Plus we have a range of “How to Revise” resources available for students.
- Please also watch our presentation with key information about exams, revision, core subjects and key dates:
GCSE Maths general
Revision guides and workbooks are available online from Parentpay, please collect from W05.
- Mr Buff’s playlist on YouTube are great for English
- Revision guides from englishbiz.co.uk
- Various resources from revisionworld.com
- Various resources from getrevising.co.uk
- library of articles on literary elements and devices
- START HERE: http://tiny.cc/GCSEscience
- This link is to a GoogleDrive folder containing everything you need:
- Revision checklists
- Past paper questions by topic
- Revision mats for every topic
- Knowledge quizzes – more being added all the time
- The AQA GCSE science specifications
- Information given out at Parent Information Evenings
- you should be doing all the quizzes you have been set.
- Ask your teacher if you lose your username or forget your password.
- You can also set yourself a quiz on any topic you like.
- Students who complete more quizzes, get higher grades.
- sign up and find the AQA GCSE topics that match what you are doing.
- The more you use the site, the better it gets to know you. Questions become tailored to you.
- Students that use it more, get higher grades.
Revision guides and flashcards are available from the school shop.
For Humanities and all other subjects, BBC Bitesize is a great resource.
- Geography: https://www.bbc.com/education/examspecs/zpsx2p3 which is tailor made for our exam, and https://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/geography which has some more detailed revision on specific topics.
- Geography: Past papers and mark schemes can be found at
Remember you have access to the core textbook via https://www.kerboodle.com/app
Use your Exam Practice Workbook to practice exam questions
- History: Edexcel GCSE History for previous mark-schemes etc
- Business: http://tiny.cc/y11business. This link is to a google drive folder containing:
- Knowledge organisers
- Past papers
- Whole topic revision sheets
- Exam guide
- List of formulae
- Edexcel GCSE Business specification
- Revision flash card examples for GCSE Business
- All year 11 students have also been provided with a copy of CGP Edexcel Business For the Grade 9-1 Course The Revision Guide ISBN: 9781782946908
- For revision: tutor2u GCSE Business Revision livestreams
- Use Seneca learning for History, Geography and Business
- BBC Bitesize revision resources: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zbmct39
- Handy revision guide: https://www.illuminatepublishing.com/product/wjec-eduqas-gcse-music-revision-guide
- Another handy revision guide: http://www.rhinegoldeducation.co.uk/product/wjeceduqas-gcse-music-revision-guide/
- GCSE revision questions from the exam board: https://resources.eduqas.co.uk/pages/ResourceSingle.aspx?rIid=1570
- GCSE revision quiz: https://resources.eduqas.co.uk/pages/ResourceSingle.aspx?rIid=716
Modern Foreign Languages have a range of links they recommend to help with revision.
For the Reading and Listening skills, Vocabulary is essential. Please go over all the key vocab for all topics. 10 minutes a day can be achieved by everyone and will make a huge difference.
For the writing skills, go over your speaking answers as you can always recycle them in your writing. Here Tenses and Accuracy are crucial. So go over the verb tables.
- bbc bitesize – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zby2bdm
- Study rocket – https://studyrocket.co.uk/revision/gcse-design-and-technology-aqa#google_vignette
- Knowledge Organisers – all within this link – https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mVMR9BykFeOGeVkZCshDcp5Gq5o4QyX8?scrlybrkr=55162bd6
- Revision Checklist
- W3schools – https://www.w3schools.com/
- Oak Academy https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage/key-stage-4/subjects/computing
- Craig and Dave tutorials https://student.craigndave.org/gcse-ocr-j277-computer-science-videos
- Isaac Computer Science https://isaaccomputerscience.org/topics?examBoard=ocr&stage=gcse
- Seneca Learning https://app.senecalearning.com/dashboard/courses/add?Price=Free
- OCR past papers and examplars https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse/computer-science-j277-from-2020/assessment/